SpeakingI welcome the opportunity to speak to your congregation, small group, or civic association on the following topics:
Does your congregation, small group, or civic association desire to have a greater impact in your community? This workshop will inspire your community to get involved by laying a foundation for healthy engagement with your neighbors. This is a 45 minute presentation.
Making the Shift
Effective missional engagement requires a number of paradigm shifts.
- A shift in Motivation: From taking Jesus to the neighborhood to seeing Jesus in the neighborhood
- A shift in Perspective: From doing ministry for others to doing ministry with others
- A shift in Approach: From “come to us” to “go to them“
- A shift in Inquiry: From “What does the community need?” to “What does the community have?“
- A shift in Expectations: From “Serve Us” to “Service“
- A shift in Vision: From church as a “place” to church as a “community”
- A shift in Measurements: From number of members to stories of real life change
This four hour workshop will help your church make the shift from missions as event to missions as relationship in a way that empowers and truly transforms both impoverished communities and your local congregation.
Discovering your Divine Dream
How would you answer the question, “If you could do anything for your God and knew you would not fail, what would you do?” In our fast paced world, we rarely allow time to reflect upon God’s call on our lives. In this workshop, participants are guided through exercises to help them uncover and embrace their own dreams. This is a 75 minute workshop.
From Relief to Development Workshop Series
This 12 hour training workshop is designed for congregational leaders (lay or ordained) who desire to help their faith community move from relief focused missions activities to community development. In this training we explore the theology of development, the basics of asset-based community development and share examples of congregations who have made this shift. It is offered twice a year to the public or upon request to groups of 12 or more.
To schedule a speaking event email Wendy McCaig at firstname.lastname@example.org.